04.04.2018. About registration of electronic visas for entry to Ukraine
In 2012, according to the order of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, the Institute of Program Systems of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine initiated the development of an information and telecommunication system for the processing and issue of visas to foreigners and stateless persons to enter Ukraine and transit through its territory (Visa system). Already in 2016, it was implemented in 100 out of 120 consular offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, with the help of which were issued tens of thousands of visas. The introduction of this system has significantly contributed to eliminating the risks of corruption when issuing visas, significantly increased the level of prevention of illegal migration, created transparent and as simple as possible for foreigners the conditions for the issuance of visas.
As part of the system’s development, a number of specialized subsystems were developed, including the subsystem e-Visa, intended for the online submission of visa application forms for electronic visas. An electronic visa has several advantages, namely:
• remote filing of documents at any convenient time and receiving an e-Visa without the need to visit a consular office;
• the possibility of online tracking of the state of registration of e-Visa;
• centralized registration of all e-visas in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine;
• constant informational support of applicants;
• processing time – up to 9 business days.
According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, since April 4, 2018, the operation of this subsystem has begun